Wednesday 5 February 2014

Day Two of Juicing

Hello!

So today I woke up feeling very energetic considering I only had about four hours of sleep.  The weather in Southern Ontario was crazy today, we had at least twenty centimeters of snow in less than a twenty four hour period. It was crazy! Today also marked the second day of my Juice Cleanse.  If you haven't already, check out how Day One went here.


Pineapple and Apple Juice

I had this one for breakfast and for my fourth juice of the day! It was absolutely delicious.  One of the best juices I have ever made.  It was a great pick me up before I braved the roads for the day.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 red delicious apples








Bolthouse Farms Strawberry Banana Juice

I forgot to bring my juice for work with me today, but I really wanted to continue with the cleanse.  I was getting hungry and I decided to go out on my break and get a Bolthouse Farms juice.  I had never tried it before, and I was really surprised at how good it tasted.  I will definitely be buying more of these after my cleanse ends! I hate buying "juice" that is really just water and way too much sugar.  Bolthouse is a great alternative to unhealthy juices when you are wanting something other than water!
This one contained 19 strawberries, 1 banana and 1 1/2 apples.
I can't wait to try the Green Goodness flavour next!


Carrot And Apple Juice

I had this juice after work and as my last juice of the day.  It was very satisfying and surprisingly tasty.  The only thing I find difficult about juices is getting behind the color that happens when all of the fruits and vegetables are combined! I always have to put it in a dark glass so I can't see what it looks like.

Ingredients:
- 5 carrots
- 2 green apples
- 1inch cube of ginger










For dinner I had fruit salad with chia seeds sprinkled on top.  Alex's roommate had made broccoli for their dinner, so I had a few pieces of steamed broccoli on the side!









My friend had been telling me about the homemade Vitamin Waters she had been making.  She said they were easy to make and very delicious.  I decided to try some at home!





This one was wonderful.  It was refreshing and satisfying at the same time.

This water had mint leaves, two cinammon sticks and a quarter of an apple cut up. I poured filtered water into the jar and let it steep over night!










I really enjoyed the flavour of this one as well.  The flavour of the pomegranates was the strongest, which I was very surprised by.

This one had a handful of blueberries, 6 blackberries and a handful of pomegranates.

Both pomegranates and blueberries are great antioxidant fruits, and perfect if you're trying to detox your body!

Well, day two of the juice cleanse is over.  I am very surprised by how full I have been feeling and how I have much more energy after only one day!

Make sure you check back tomorrow to see how the final day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment