Friday 7 February 2014

Last Day of Juicing!

Well, today was the last day of juicing! Because of how bad the roads were, I decided to stay at Alex's last night.  The downside to that decision was that I was not prepared for my last day of juicing as everything was at my house almost half an hour away.  So in the morning I decided to try another Bolthouse Juice!
This one was amazing.  I was a little intimidated at first because it was packed with so many greens, and was worried that it would overpower the taste.  But it also contains, apples, mango, bananas, kiwis and pineapple. You honestly can't even taste the vegetables in it!
Not only was I surprised about how it tasted, but I was also surprised how filling it was.  I had bought a big bottle of this, but there was no way I could finish it in one sitting.  I ended up dividing it into three, which also saved me from having to make a whole batch of different juices at home.
I can't stress enough how thankful I am to have found these juices! Whenever we go on a road trip or I have the munchies, I'm going to buy these instead! I feel like eating so much junk food is due to how bored I get, so this is a great alternative!
I would highly recommend starting with this Green Goodness juice if you are new to the concept of juicing in general.  It has all the ingredients that you would want to use to make a juice at home, without all the prep work!

 Alicia has been keeping up with my new blog, 
and was really interested in the types of juices that I was drinking.  She came over today so I decided that while I was making my other two juices for the day that I would make her one to try.  I feel like the color of healthy juices often makes people stay away from juices with kale or spinach in them, so I wanted to make her a delicious juice! This one was definitely it.

Ingredients:
- 2 bunches of Spinach
- 1/2 Pineapple
- 2 Red Delicious Apples
- a handful of Blueberries

This juice honestly tasted almost identical to drinking pineapple juice.  All of the flavours blended well together, which I had been worried about when adding the blueberries in.  I would definitely recommend making this one as it is quick, easy and delicious!




For my meal of the day, my family and I went to Artisano's.  I was a little nervous of going to be honest, it's well known for the amazing bread and pastries that they make, and I did not want to ruin the progress that I had made.  Luckily, it also serves some excellent salads!
The one that I ordered had baby spinach, arugula, grilled peppers, red onions, pecans and mandarin oranges.  It was absolutely delicious!

All in all, I must admit that my juice cleanse was very successful! I feel a lot better after the three days, and I am really glad we decided to do this.  However, if it is something you are considering doing please make sure you do a lot of research! Juice cleanses are definitely not for everybody and will be harmful if you have certain medical conditions.

Make sure you check back soon for more great recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment