Tuesday 4 February 2014

Day One of Juicing

Hey Guys!!

So today marks the first day of our juice cleanse! My mom and I have found that we both have eaten terribly lately, and all the junk has been taking it's toll on our bodies.  I've broken out and just felt very sluggish and grumpy.  We thought that it may be beneficial to do a juice cleanse to try and clean our systems a little bit.   I researched juice cleanses thoroughly before I started this.  
 Obviously doing a juice cleanse for a long time can be unhealthy, so I decided to only do this
cleanse for 3 days.  I also read up a lot on Reboot With Joe and he suggested drinking five juices a day and have a meal of just fruits or vegetables for dinner.  I decided that this was the route that I wanted to take. I'm hoping that this cleanse will restart my system and get me into healthier habits, like turning to fruits and vegetables only for snacks rather than chips and dip!

Pineapple Celery Juice!

  This one was probably my favourite.  It was also the easiest one to make! I had this for lunch, and I'm going to have the rest while I watch Pretty Little Liars

Ingredients:
- 1 pineapple
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
Strawberry Kiwi


I had this one for breakfast and dinner. This one tasted absolutely disgusting, I gagged the entire time I drank it.  I was talking to Alex about how nasty it was, and he determined it was because I didn't peel the kiwi... just more proof that nothing good comes from being lazy!

Ingredients:
- handful of strawberries
- handful of spinach
- three kiwis






Carrot and Apple

This juice was awesome!  My brother tried it and even he liked it, and he never really likes the juice I make.  I made this one for both myself and my mom.  I had it on my break at work. It was a great pick me up!

Ingredients:
- 2 green apples
- 1 handful of spinach
- 5 carrots
- 1/4 inch of ginger





For dinner I had half a spaghetti squash with fresh mushrooms, carrots and green beans.  I was so hungry that I completely forgot to take a picture!

The first day of juicing went better than I expected.  For the majority of the day I didn't really feel hungry, and the juices were surprisingly satisfying. I'm excited to try some juices tomorrow that will be tasting even better!

If you are thinking about doing a juice cleanse, it's important to remember to drink lots of water as well! It'll help flush out the toxins that you're trying to get rid of!

Have you ever done a juice cleanse? Let me know how it went in the comments! And make sure to check back tomorrow to see how day two is going!

4 comments:

  1. Do you have an actual juicer or do you think a blender would work? Hope day 2 is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I got a juicer for my birthday! I've read a lot about the difference between juicing and blending and there seems to be quite a few differences. http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-9958/to-juice-or-to-blend-that-is-the-question.html has a lot of information if you're interested! and thank you, the second day post should be up soon!

      Delete
    2. girlll! i didn't know you were doing this. what type of juicer do you have? my favorite green juice is: 1/2-1 cucumber, few pieces of kale, 2 apples, 1/2 orange, 1/4 lemon.

      Delete
    3. I have a juiceman! And oh that sounds delicious, I'm going to need to try that one! thanks Rachel!

      Delete