Monday 13 January 2014

Trampolining

Hey Guys!


I don't know about where you are, but here in southern Ontario, the weather is brutal.  Last week we were at -30  with an extreme cold alert, and now it's been consistently snowing or raining, making everything slushy and icy.  Sooo, trying exercises outside has not really been a possibility.

My friend and I had bought Groupons for a place down here called Airborne Trampoline.  Because we have been stuck inside trying to warm up, we thought that Saturday would be a great time to use our Groupons.



Now, neither of us has ever gone trampolining before, nor did we have any idea what we were getting ourselves into.  When we first arrived, there was a birthday party going on, and there were at least two dozen kids running around.  We were both concerned. Had we wasted our money for a Kid's only activity? Would it really be fun? We decided we might as well stick around and give it a try.

Now Airborne  Trampoline offers public jumps, birthday parties, camps, and classes.  We went for the early public jump, and were joined by four other people.  Surprisingly, it was almost all people our age or older, and the instructors were our age as well.  We started with a warm up of twenty five jumping jacks, some stretches and running on the spot.  After that we each claimed our own trampoline.  We each had our own trampoline for an hour, and Julia and I looked at each other, wondering how we were supposed to enjoy 60 minutes jumping up and down.

Turns out, it's very easy.

Trampolining was amazing! It was so much fun trying out different tricks and seeing how high we could go! The instructors were really cool too, and they showed us some flips and tricks that are well beyond our capability.  The hour flew by, but neither of us has stopped talking about it!

Not only was trampolining fun, but it also was such a great workout.  I wore my polar watch to track the calories burned, and in over an hour I had burned over seven hundred calories.  And boy oh boy did my body feel the workout the next day! Because I was using muscles that I hardly ever use (I mean, let's be real here, I don't ever just spend an hour jumping), I was really hurting, especially my shoulders and back.  But really, it was a whole body workout.  You use your legs to jump, your core to make sure you are balanced and don't fall (although we both did, plenty of times!), and your arms and back to push off.  You're also getting a great cardio workout!

It's also extremely affordable, with one hour being a ten dollar visit, and our Groupon was 3 visits for fifteen dollars. All in all, trampolining was awesome and we are definitely going back!

Also, I'm sorry about the lack of photos, I promise my next blog will contain them! When we went trampolining I didn't even know I was going to be creating this blog, so I didn't even think to take them.  But I will for sure be going back, and will take pictures then!

http://airbornetrampoline.ca/
If you'd like to learn anymore, I highly recommend checking out the company's website!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to go again! Hopefully I won't hurt myself next time, more stretching maybe...what a workout!

    ReplyDelete