Wednesday 15 January 2014

Tuesday Night Soccer!

Hey All!

So last night was my soccer team's playoff game, and we lost! That made us the losing team as we had not won a single game the whole season, but hey, it was fun.


I hadn't played soccer since I was eight years old, and that was a disaster.  My mom has played her whole life, and has been playing indoor soccer at the same place for the last eight years.  Every year she'd try to get me to join, and finally I took her up on her offer.




 Here's my mom at half time.
  Needless to say however, I was terrible.

 I don't have the greatest coordination , and the first few games I was falling all over the place, and could not keep up with what was going on.  My mom would yell things like 'goal side' or 'tight!' and i had no idea what that meant!

The first few games were very, very overwhelming.  Every night as I was getting ready to leave, I would feel incredibly anxious, and I felt like I was letting everyone on my team down.  They were much better players, and I felt like it was my fault we kept losing.  Still, I didn't let this deter me from going.

About halfway into the season, I noticed that I was feeling much more confident.  I knew the terminology, and I found out I actually have a pretty good kick.  Now, if only I could get the ball to where I wanted it to go!

Soccer turned out to be a great experience because it really took me out of my comfort zone.  I met a bunch of great girls and I will definitely be playing again.

It was also a great cardio exercise! I got my polar watch for Christmas so I didn't get a chance to track all my calories burned, but the last two games I did! And both times it was 600 + calories in 44 minutes.  That's definitely a good cardio workout in my books.

our indoor field at half time!



Soccer was also great because it forced me to get out at least every week for a good workout! Because I had paid, and because I had a team I didn't want to let down, there was no way I could talk myself out of missing a game. I honestly didn't think I would like soccer as much as I did, but I know for certain I'll be joining up next September.

Make sure you keep coming back to check out Fitnessental and follow me! I have some great recipes coming up, including a Chicken Avocado burger, as well as I'm trying some more fitness routines out!

Well, I'm off to try my very first hot yoga class now---eek I am nervous!! Check back within the next couple days to see how it went!

Our awesome soccer shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment