Thursday 20 February 2014

Wednesday's Meals and an Update!

Hey Guys!

Sorry for not posting for forever, but it's the university's Reading Week here in in Canada, so Alex and I decided to take a little road trip to the States.  We stopped and picked up about fifty records which was awesome!

Anyway, I have a little update for you! September 2012 I went to the doctor because I was having really bad stomach pains.  The doctor told me that I presented signs of having a gluten intolerence, and advised me to cut gluten out of my diet to see if that would make me feel better.  I did, and my stomach problems went away!

I removed gluten from my diet for about a year, and I started reverting back to my old habits of enjoying regular white bread and pasta.  For some idiotic reason I thought perhaps the need to be gluten free would pass over that time.  Once I introduced gluten back into my diet, my stomach problems began again, as well as I experienced very frequent headaches, was often sluggish and a bad rash developed on both my arms. I had been complaining about these pains to my friend Alicia, who suggested going gluten free to see if that made me feel better. So as of Monday this week, I have begun to eat gluten free again so that I can start to feel better! Already I have had less headaches and the rash (probably an allergic reaction) has almost already gone away! I know that my decision to remain gluten free is going to be very beneficial for my health.

I thought that I would post an update on what my meals were yesterday!

For breakfast I had fruit, Greek yogurt and granola.  I was so excited when I was in the States as I discovered that not only are gluten free products much cheaper than they are here, but there are so many more options!

I picked up Udi's Gluten Free Granola, and I am so thankful for it! Fruit and granola, as you all know, is one of my favourite snacks, so knowing I can still have it despite my dietary changes is the best.  I can't wait to learn more about the gluten free products Udi's offers.  I guess I will have to make more trips to the states to stalk up ;).







I had a very productive day at the gym as well! I was there for almost an hour and a half  and focused mostly on cardio.
I did:
- 35 minutes on the elliptical
- 15 minutes on the rower (my new favourite machine!)
- 20 minutes on arm workouts
- 15 minutes on the treadmill






For my post workout snack I had a rice cake with peanut butter and raisins and half an apple.  I was going to have a whole one but someone stole the other half before I could even cut it. (Hint: It was Alex).






For lunch I made a hummus, turkey and avocado wrap with lots of baby carrots on the side!
I bought corn tortillas (which are surprisingly very hard to find!!!) as they are gluten free.















For dinner I had left over fajita salad. I will be posting the recipe tomorrow for this dinner, as it was absolutely delicious!









All in all yesterday was a very healthy, and gluten free, day in terms of meals and exercising!  Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the recipe for some delicious fajitas!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment