Monday 10 February 2014

My day in meals!


Hey Guys!

Sorry for not posting over the weekend, my mom, Alicia and I had a girls weekend away to Niagara Falls. I had never been to the outlet stores on the American side, and boy, was I impressed! I now have an addiction to Kate Spade after having bought the cutest makeup bag from there.
Some of the things we bought!

 On Sunday, we also went to see the Harlem Globetrotters. I have heard nothing about good things about them, and they were playing near where we live, so we decided to get the tickets for my mom for Christmas.  It was actually hilarious! I was surprised at how much fun we had. I think the best part was how much they incorporated the audience into the game. It was so cute seeing a little boy get to dunk a basket!
Doing a dance!
We got to meet our favourite Globe Trotter, Squirrel!
Anyway, it was back to the real world today, and wow, aren't Mondays awful?  I woke up and had a big glass of ice water and started my day with some fruit and granola.  This has definitely become my go to for breakfast.  It keeps me very full, and I have much more energy.

For lunch, I made my favourite  winter salad!

Ingredients:- red and green kale
- feta cheese
- blueberries
- dried cranberries
- walnuts
- pomegranate seeds

I made my own dressing for the salad, a Balsamic Vinaigrette. 

This salad is great for a winter day.  It's very filling, and an easy way to incorporate more leafy greens into your diet.  The saltiness of the feta cheese balances out the sweetness of the fruit, and the walnuts add a perfect crunch!

For dinner I went to my go to meal, spaghetti squash! I seriously could eat spaghetti squash for dinner every single day and I would not get bored of it.  It's a great alternative to pasta!  I also sauteed some spinach and mixed the two with some tomato sauce! I also had a piece of chicken and steamed broccoli.  When I was younger I used to hate broccoli, but as I've gotten older, I've learned to love it! 

After dinner, I went down to the gym.  My gym is quite tiny, and tonight it was so busy.  All of the machines were taken so I ended up doing an hour and a half of cardio. I was going to stay longer but there were no weight machines free, so I decided to head home.


While we were in America, I bought my favourite type of yogurt! You cannot get Chobani products anywhere where I am from in Ontario, so whenever I go to the States I like to stock up. For a post-workout snack, I had the Chobani mint and chocolate Greek yogurt.  It tastes like a dessert and was the perfect snack to curb my sweet tooth!

After my juice cleanse, I have been trying to really keep eating healthy.  Being away was hard as there were so many delicious restaurants to chose from, but that's what a vacation is for! As long as you make sensible choices, you can enjoy your favourite foods.

I know last week I promised to post the recipe for some yummy chocolate cookies, and I haven't forgotten. That recipe will be up very shortly, so make sure you check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment