Friday 18 April 2014

Girls Night!

Last weekend, Alicia, my cousin Meghan and I decided to have a much needed girls night- complete with a slumber party, some episodes of Kenny versus Spenny and of course, some delicious snacks.




Alicia had gotten a new fondue maker so she brought it over for us to try out. I've never had fondue before, so I was excited!






We cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe and pineapple to dip in the chocolate. It was delicious!




I also tried making my own hummus for the first time.  Everybody has been telling me how easy it was, and I decided it was finally time to try to make it.

Homemade Lemon and Garlic Hummus Recipe:

What You Need
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1tsp of water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

Directions
- Open and drain the can of chickpeas
- Put chickpeas in a blender with lemon juice and crushed garlic
- Blend on high and add the tsp of water 
- Blend on low until all ingredients are smooth
- Pour the hummus into a bowl
- Put a 1 inch hole in the hummus and add the olive oil
- When you are ready to serve, stir the olive oil in with the hummus

Seriously, I can not get over how easy it was to make this. And it tastes so much better than the ones I buy from the store.  I saw this post on Pinterest of different variations of homemade hummus, so I am definitely going to try to make them all.

I hope you guys are having a great week! I'll be posting some delicious Easter treats soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment