Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter Everybody!

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend as much as I did.  The weather was finally nice, so I spent a lot of time outside.

I also made some quick, delicious Easter desserts.

We were all really proud of our nails, so we had a nail photo shoot!


The desserts I made for Easter were really quick, but delicious.

Directions for the Mini Egg Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  
- Mix 2 cups of All Purpose Flour with one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix together 3/4 cup of brown sugar with 3/4 cup white sugar.  Add in  1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of salted butter that has been softened. Mix until blended.  Add two medium eggs and stir well.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients.
- Cut up 2 cups of Mini Eggs into halves and mix into the dough.
- Drop cookies on sprayed baking sheet using a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.


For the Little Peep Nests, all you need to do is make Rice Krispies.  Instead of cutting them into squares however, you will need to shape them into little nests.  Top with one marshmallow peep,  and let cool.  Make sure you put the peep on when the rice krispies treat is still warm, so it will stay put.

My Mom bought these cupcakes and they matched my nails perfectly, so I had to include them here.







Since it was finally warm enough, my mom and I decided to spend Saturday hiking.  We took Bailey all around the trails, and found some Geocaches.  It was so nice to be outside!










Since I enjoyed hiking so much on the Saturday, Alex, Meghan and I decided that we should start off Sunday with a nice long hike.  We are  fortunate where we live because there are forests and trails so close to us.  We decided to hike part of the Bruce Trail, so we set out early in the morning.  It seemed like a lot of people also had the same idea, because the trails were packed! We ended up venturing far off the trails, and stumbled upon a beaver's dam and a little garden.  We were even able to see some trout jumping!




Hiking is one of my favourite workouts for so many reasons.  I love being outside and being able to breathe in the fresh air.  I find that even when it is super hot outside, the woods stay cool from the trees and water.  Hiking also works so many different muscles, as you are consistently changing inclines, climbing up things and balancing on those difficult logs! Hiking is also a great workout for your cardiovascular system because you're outside for so long, and you are pushing yourself at some points. It's also a great way to get outside with some friends without spending any money.  I'm so happy that it's finally warm again, so I can keep going on hikes!

After our hike, Alex and I headed over to his parents' house for a wonderful turkey dinner. 
I'm so thankful to have had such a relaxing, enjoyable Easter Weekend. It's going to be very hard to get up for work tomorrow!

I just thought I would leave you with a couple of pictures of desserts that our family got to enjoy today!

Meghan did such an awesome job with her Easter cupcakes!

It's a tradition for Alex's mom to make this cute Easter Bunny Cake. I love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment