Wednesday 22 January 2014

Chicken Avocado Burgers Recipe!

Hey guys,

Finally I am posting the recipe to make Chicken Avocado Burgers.  I recently discovered this recipe via the Laughing Spatula and I am addicted!

Murray
 One of my cats, Murray, was very interested in what I was making! All three cats love eating avocado, it's kind of weird actually!


What You Will Need:
1 ripe avocado, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1lb ground chicken
1 cup regular bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of peppers

Directions:

 Preheat your oven to broil, on high, and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.

The first thing want to do is mince the garlic, and mix it with a half cup of bread crumbs.  You then need  mix the bread crumbs and garlic mix with the chicken so that the chicken is lightly coated.


You then want to dice the avocado into big chunks.  Add the avocado to the chicken mix and fold the avocado pieces into the breaded chicken.  You want to be careful that you you do not bruise the avocado pieces.  Add the other half of the bread crumbs along with the pepper.






You then want to form the mixture into small patties.  Please excuse how slimy my hands look in this picture! I posted pictures because I personally like seeing pictures of the process of making a recipe, but chicken does not photograph well!



You should be able to make between 6 and 7 patties. Place them on the baking sheet.  In order to cook these you will place them in the oven and broil on high for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.

These burgers are delicious!! They pair well in a pita or on a regular hamburger bun.  I tried them on grilled pineapple and it was delicious. The sweetness of the pineapple pairs really well with the flavour of the avocado.

I definitely would recommend making these for your next dinner, my boyfriend hates avocado and even he loved these burgers!

Check back soon for the recipe to my famous Pad Thai!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE avocado! Can't wait for the pad thai recipe, it was soo good when you made it last time :D

    ReplyDelete